- Tinder and Bumble Block Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman April 20, 2019Zimmerman has been accused of assault against romantic partners multiple timesTara Law
- Climate Protesters Again March in London as Arrests Hit 710 April 20, 2019Climate change protests began earlier this week in the British capitalAssociated Press
- Florida Man Arrested for Threatening, Racist Phone Calls to Democrat Legislators April 20, 2019John Kless allegedly appeared to refer to a video the President tweeted out last weekTara Law
- Ohio Teens Who Were With Boy Shot by Officer Are Added to Lawsuit as Defendants April 20, 2019The city contends his September 2016 death was a consequence of all the teens' behaviorAssociated Press
- Adele Announces Split With Her Husband Simon Konecki April 20, 2019The couple has been together for 7 yearsTara Law
- North Korea Criticizes National Security Advisor John Bolton on State Media April 20, 2019Earlier this week, North Korea test-fired what it called a new type of "tactical guided weapon"HYUNG-JIN KIM / AP
- Northern Irish Police Arrest 2 Teenagers Over Killing of Journalist April 20, 2019Lyra McKee, 29, a rising star of investigative journalism, was shot and killedGREGORY KATZ and NAOMI KOPPEL / AP
- Paris Yellow Vest Protests Mix Anger With Notre Dame Mourning April 20, 2019Authorities detained 126 people by early afternoonANGELA CHARLTON / AP
- Why the Mueller Report Shouldn’t Be the Final Word on Trump, Russia and Obstruction of Justice April 19, 2019There is much that future investigations could still uncoverJoyce White Vance
- The Mueller Probe Made Them Famous. They Plan to Keep Cashing In April 19, 2019Over the course of Mueller's secretive two-year investigation, a mix of online sleuths, Twitter activists and former Trump aides have cashed in on America's obsession with the story.Vera Bergengruen
- WARREN: If we can give so much to Notre Dame, why not other causes as well? - Toronto Sun April 20, 2019WARREN: If we can give so much to Notre Dame, why not other causes as well? Toronto SunIt was shocking to see the images on television and Twitter of […]
- Why Did Nonbelievers Grieve for Notre-Dame? - The New York Times April 20, 2019Why Did Nonbelievers Grieve for Notre-Dame? The New York TimesReligion goes on, whether or not people honor its traditions. […]
- Rebuilding homes for lost souls in Paris and Louisiana - AZCentral April 20, 2019Rebuilding homes for lost souls in Paris and Louisiana AZCentralA scent is shared by places of worship, chapels to cathedrals. The Italian immigrants […]
- 'We don't know if it's enough': $1 billion may not cover Notre Dame Cathedral rebuilding costs after fire - USA TODAY April 20, 2019'We don't know if it's enough': $1 billion may not cover Notre Dame Cathedral rebuilding costs after fire USA TODAYParis Police F […]
- Check out this stunning No Man's Sky recreation of Notre Dame - PC Gamer April 20, 2019Check out this stunning No Man's Sky recreation of Notre Dame PC GamerThis week's tragic fire at Paris's Notre-Dame Cathedral has insp […]
Valerie Pecresse, president of the Ile-de-France, which includes Paris, on what is next in rebuilding the cathedral. Live updates: https://abcn.ws/2GkuQOV
#News #NotreDame #Paris #France #ABCNews
READ MORE: https://abcn.ws/2Il81Oz
Notre Dame: The national and architectural significance of the historic cathedral
There are few monuments that are more distinctly French or more woven into the history of France than Notre Dame Cathedral.
As images of the fire ravaging through the historic church sparked outcries around the globe, people from all walks of life are mourning.
Its place in Catholicism is undisputed, as is its role in French history. It was the site of some of the most notable coronations, including that of Emperor Napoleon.
Beyond the Catholics who attend mass there and the tourists who go to look for a glimpse of Quasimodo, the cathedral represents a landmark in Parisian life that is now likely permanently scarred, if not disfigured or ruined.